10 No Cost Winter Activities to Enjoy with Your Partner
Sometimes it's tough to come up with new and creative ideas to get you through the winter. Your best bet is to get together with your partner and make lists of things that you both enjoy. Then compare lists and see where you two meet up.
If you'd like to keep expenses to a minimum, the good news is that there are plenty of ways to have an excellent time without spending a dime.
Consider the following ideas as you build your list:
1. Cuddle. Sometimes when you're both busy, you may forget how good it feels to cuddle up to each other and relax. It's a great activity to enjoy when things have been stressful and you just need a calm break.
2. Go to the mall. You don't have to spend money when you go to the mall, although it may be tempting. Walking the mall can be a great way to get out of the house without having to worry about the cold weather.
3. Listen to music. If you and your partner happen to share some musical tastes, you can always enjoy listening to music together. Chances are you can even find some live music at public winter festivals with no entry fee.
4. Play video games. Video games are a popular choice for people of all tastes and ages. The variety is astounding! You can play a slow paced puzzle game against each other or get involved in more active games. Some of them can really draw you into the action. Plus, there are several free video game sites online.
5. Go to a friend's house. Gathering with friends is always a good indoor activity you can enjoy together. Invite your friends over to your house for a mini winter party. Have a potluck dinner for a change of pace. This way, you share the cost of entertaining and everyone has fun.
6. Watch a movie. Agree on a genre and then find a good movie to watch together. You may be able to find one on TV or you can rent one for a day for a dollar or two. Afterward, compare your opinions on the movie or watch the DVD bonuses.
7. Go out in the snow. Take some time to play in the snow. After all, it's not something that you can do anytime. Put on your winter gear and go for a walk. You can even bring out your inner child and make snow angels, build a funny snowman, or have a snowball fight.
8. Make a meal together. You can still have a romantic dinner even if you aren't going out. Choose a nice meal that you can cook together. You're probably used to either you or your partner cooking. It'll be a nice change to have the two of you in the kitchen together.
9. Share memories. Spend some time reflecting on your past. It's always fun to recall the beginnings of your relationship. It doesn't matter if it was months or decades ago. It's a great way to pass the time with your partner.
10. Play an indoor sport. Find a sport to play with your partner. Your local community center may provide access to courts as long as you're a member of the community. Enjoying a sport together can bring you closer together in other areas as well.
Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean that you need to sit around and be bored. Try some of these activities together and take advantage